New York White-Collar Crime Lawyer
Defending Clients Facing White-Collar Crime Charges in New York
The highly experienced and renowned attorneys of Barket Epstein Kearon Aldea & LoTurco, LLP are fully aware of the scope and intricacy of white-collar criminal investigations and charges. We stand ready to defend you against charges at both the state and federal levels.
Barket Epstein has an array of key qualities to effectively represent an individual accused of a white-collar crime, including:
- The ability and resources to conduct thorough investigations and interviews;
- Working knowledge of forensic accounting;
- The ability to hire experts in pertinent fields, such as appraisers or accountants;
- Strategies for cross-examining government informants;
- Experience dealing with media attention; and
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
At Barket Epstein, we pride ourselves on our comprehensive knowledge of white-collar crime and our skilled approach to defending our client's constitutional rights, assets, and interests.
Are you facing a white-collar crime charge in New York? Our white-collar crime attorney in New York is ready to represent you. Contact Barket Epstein Kearon Aldea & LoTurco, LLP today at (888) 779-0267 or contact us online to get started!
What is a White-Collar Crime?
White-collar crimes are typically nonviolent offenses committed within a business environment for the goal of financial gain. Businesses or government professionals may commit these. We have successfully defended many high-profile white-collar crimes for clients against allegations of insurance fraud, money laundering, mortgage fraud, securities fraud, bribery, embezzlement, and a range of other offenses related to finances, business transactions, and other white-collar crimes.
Types of White-Collar Crimes
The following are considered white-collar crimes due to the nature of the offense (committed in a business environment for financial gain):
- Insurance fraud - false statements or misrepresentation to insurance carrier for financial gain; may include auto insurance, health insurance, Medicaid, property and home insurance, life insurance, etc.
- Mortgage fraud - misrepresentation of material facts on an application for a loan or relating documents; fraud for profit (typically committed by real estate professionals) and fraud for housing (typically committed by the borrower).
- Securities fraud - misrepresentation of information having to do with stocks and investments; either a stockbroker or individual may commit this type of offense.
- Government fraud - intentional deceptive shifting of government funds to another area.
- Mail fraud - devising or intending a scheme for fraudulent purposes using mail
- Internet fraud - the act of using the internet to defraud or take advantage of an individual or business
- Embezzlement - misappropriating or stealing funds that were entrusted to an individual
- Conspiracy - an offense where people join together as accomplices to commit a crime
- Bribery - typically committed against public officials when an individual attempts to influence a decision through the use of money or something else of value
- Money laundering - the act of making money earned through criminal activity look as if it is coming from a legitimate source
- Forgery - a felony involving false documentation or signatures in order to deceive
- Identity theft - stealing another person's information or identity for the use of financial gain
- Counterfeiting - the manufacturing or distribution of goods under another person's identity; intent to steal or replace an original with something else
- Computer crimes - using a computer to hack, browse, or steal private information with malicious intent
Contact Our White-Collar Crime Attorney Today
White-collar crimes may be charged at the state or federal level, making it crucial to involve a firm that has experience in dealing with both the New York State court system and federal courts. At Barket Epstein, our team is unmatched in terms of diversity and breadth of experience. Our attorneys include:
- Former judges and prosecutors
- A recognized industry leader
- Experts in their unique fields
We use our range of expertise to deliver better and swifter results in the most complex white-collar investigations and charges. Please make no mistake; with a New York white-collar crime attorney from our team in your corner, you have the greatest opportunity of securing a favorable result.
Contact Barket Epstein Kearon Aldea & LoTurco, LLP today to schedule a FREE consultation with our New York white-collar crime attorney!
A Nationwide Influence
Barket Epstein's attorneys are regularly featured in the media to discuss their recent cases or offer insight on current events.
Over Two Centuries of Combined Experience
Barket Epstein has 13 attorneys who collectively bring over 200 years of experience to each case. Our team is comprised of former judges, former prosecutors, professors and true thought leaders in our fields.
A Comprehensive Team Approach
Given the experience and knowledge we have amongst the attorneys at our firm, we utilize a team approach. Each client benefits from the expertise of several attorneys, not just the one assigned to their case.
Thousands of Cases Handled
Our Criminal Defense team has represented over 1,000 clients with charges ranging from DWI to homicide.
Three Convenient Office Locations
Our firm offers clients three convenient locations in Garden City, Manhattan, and Huntington.