After working at the Bank of New York Mellon, Merrill Lynch, and on the Floor of the New York Stock Exchange, Alexander Klein went to the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law with a full merit scholarship and graduated with a dual concentration in litigation and corporate law.
Since then, he has devoted his practice to the intersection of law, business, and finance, where he has successfully litigated a variety of matters, including:
- Securing the exoneration of a client charged in the largest Social Security fraud case in New York City history, where the vast majority of other defendants were convicted;
- Procuring the dismissal of all commercial claims brought against a consumer-goods corporation charged with stealing intellectual property and other assets from a competitor;
- Pre-indictment, and pursuant to extensive negotiations with the federal government, avoiding any felony charges against a former banker at the New York Federal Reserve who was federally investigated on a variety of grounds;
- Defeating a federal government attempt to forfeit tens of thousands of dollars from a client in civil forfeiture, securing the return of all monies taken without the initiation of a single criminal charge;
- Obtaining a $700,000 judgment on behalf of a plaintiff in a civil action in Kings County; and
- Defeating a Fortune 500 company in a variety of matters, at the trial level and in the Appellate Division, in disputes concerning the intersection of criminal law, discovery, and the First Amendment.
In addition to his white collar and commercial work, Mr. Klein also litigates matters in the firm’s Appellate, Vehicular, and Civil Rights practice groups. In this regard, he has helped obtain scores of criminal dismissals, large settlements on behalf of victims of civil rights abuses, and reversals of criminal convictions on appeal.
Overall, his practice includes complex matters not just in state and federal courts at the trial-level, but also in their respective appellate courts—including the Appellate Division and the Second Circuit. He was recently recognized for the second time by Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” in the field of white collar defense.
Other Representative Matters: Representation of a Claimant-Trust in a FINRA matter concerning investment unsuitability, churning, fraud, and lack of supervision; and, separately, of a Respondent-Financial-Advisor in a distinct FINRA matter concerning allegations of fraud, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty. Representation of an oil company charged with operating a criminal enterprise and the commercial theft of more than four million dollars, involving litigation in both trial and appellate courts and a parallel civil forfeiture action. Representation of a Fortune 500 telecommunications company charged with zoning violations in criminal court. Representation of an estate against a major New York City non-profit institution in a commercial action concerning the provenance of centuries-old valuables.
- Recognized twice by Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” in the field of white collar defense 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.
- Recognized as “Outstanding Young Lawyer” in “Top Attorneys” list by American Registry.
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Nassau County Bar Association. Commercial Litigation Committee
Contact Mr. Klein today at (888) 779-0267.