Honorable David J. Ayres is Managing Partner at Barket Epstein. In addition to overseeing the firm’s day-to-day operations, he represents clients in state and federal court. Judge Ayres earned his law degree from the Hofstra University School of Law in 1993 and began his legal career as an assistant district attorney in Nassau County, NY. Judge Ayres then spent six years as Principal Law Clerk to a Nassau County Court Judge until 2003, when he was elected to the Nassau County Court, and at 37 years old, was the youngest person to be elected to a countywide judgeship in Nassau County. He served for 10 years as a County Court Judge and Acting Supreme Court Justice, and during his tenure in Criminal Term, he presided over more than 100 felony criminal jury trials and thousands of pre-trial proceedings. Judge Ayres also has experience as an Acting Family Court Judge, where he presided over matrimonial and civil matters in the New York State Supreme Court. He also presided over the Mental Hygiene Court, the Integrated Domestic Violence Court and was selected to help establish and preside over the first sex offense court created in New York State. Judge Ayres also serves as the Deputy Village Prosecutor for the Incorporated Village of New Hyde Park.
- Assistant District Attorney, Nassau County 1994-1997
- Principal Law Clerk to a Nassau County Court Judge, 1997 – 2003
- Youngest person ever to be elected to a countywide judgeship in Nassau County
- Nassau County Court Judge, Acting Supreme Court Justice, Acting Family Court Judge, 2004-2014
- Selected to help establish and preside over the first sex offense court created in New York State
- Also serves as Deputy Village Prosecutor for the Incorporated Village of New Hyde Park
- Nassau County Bar Association-Member
- Nassau County Criminal Courts Bar Association-Member
For more information and to discuss your case, contact Judge Ayres at (888) 779-0267.